- 9 lbs Gambrinus Pils
- 2 lbs Gambrinus Pale
- 2 lbs Belgian Aromatic
- 1lb Flaked Triticale
- 10 oz Belgian Special B
- 1 lb Belgian Dark Candi Syrup (at flameout)
- 1 lb Raw Pumpkin Blossom Honey (at flameout)
- FWH 1 oz Mt Hood (5.1 AA)
- 60 min 1 oz Perle (8.0 AA)
- 90 min mash at 149 degrees
- 3L starter of Wyeast 3787 Trappist High Gravity (Westmalle/Westvleteren Strain)
- 32 IBU
- 20 SRM
- Expected FG ~1.013
- Expected ABV ~8.8%
My hydrometer broke, so I didn't get an SG rating, but I assume it's around 1.090. The wort looked like this:
I use fermencap, so the vigorous boil doesn't create any boilover situation... often.
Penelope didn't help.
This is 1lb each of:
Along with a lot of Amarillo, Zeus, and Summit, and some leftover Centennial.
The Neuken Dark is going to be bottle conditioned and aged, but most of the beers I brew go in here:
This is my kegerator, just next to my fermentation fridge (which will someday be converted into a 4-tap kegerator).